Sunday 13 November 2016

CELEBRATING MINISTER LAWRENCE (1)



       I have always being a lover of MUSIC because it has being the major source of my INSPIRATION. I have passionately followed James Moss, Jessica Reedy, Tye Tribbett, Mali Music, Frank Edward, Kirk Franklin,Rev Victor Atenega, Tim Godfrey,  Deitrick Haddon, Lawrence Flowers and a host of others but few months back, precisely in the month of January, I encountered a young singer from Delta state that forced his way into my ‘MUSICAL HALL OF FAME’ through his skillfulness. I hardly envy people’s talent but I was tempted to envy his—and to be candid with you, I fell into the temptation… Lol. How did all this start? Travel with me to the ‘Genesis’ of our meeting.


       I could remember that faithful day in the month of January when I rushed into one of the Lecture Rooms of Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) to finish up my assignment which needed an urgent attention. As my eyes combed through the class to locate the exact spot to seat down, I noticed two young guys were already in the class. Anyway, I located a spot to seat and focused my attention on my note as I watched my hand moving to and fro like a simple pendulum in the moon. Just as I stood to take my leave, as if it was planned, I heard a sound, a sound I have always heard from one of my favorite gospel artists, LAWRENCE FLOWERS. The sound was a musical scale he ran in less than five seconds. I didn’t know when I pulled off my heavy jacket of ‘ego’ and walked up to him and commended his nice vocal gift and that was exactly how we became friends. 


       He has been a friend to me. He has always read my articles and he has always encouraged me. I love him so much and apart from his vocal gift, I love his dress sense. I have always being proud to show my friends some of his musical works and after they listen to it, they are always ‘wowed’. The most interesting part is when they ask me, “Who is this guy”. “He is my friend” I will always be proud to say.

       I was surprised few weeks back when he had a picture with Rev. Victor Atenega, one of the successful Gospel artist from the South-South. As I asked to know the secret behind their meeting, he told me he is in a competition, Wisdom 2 Wealth—W2W. And now, my friend has made it to the final.

       Dear reader, It’s time for us to be part of his success story, it’s time for us to support him, it’s time for us to contribute our part to make his dream come true, it’s time to help him get this giant track record.

       I am proud to be his friend, a young man who has displayed skillfulness coupled with the anointing in his ministration. Please follow this link and like it—that will be your contribution in making him a step closer to winning the competition. If you are wondering who this young man is, l WILL INTRODUCE HIM.


       His name Irorosuayire ogheneruemu Lawrence, last of 5 children from Ughelli, Delta state. He is a Singer, Event Host and a Preacher of the Gospel. He is the president of the sensational gospel music crew, The pearls and serve as a lead singer at Heroes of Faith ministries, Ughelli, Delta state. He is presently studying Mechanical Engineering at Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun. He was a one time student at OchiesMusicArt (OMA) and He is a serving Music Director of Christian Fellowship International [CFi] Fupre chapter. He has worked with artists like Ochuko Obukohwo, Minister Omas, Tega Apochi,Fred Nuvie, Pastor Murphy. Above all, He is a God lover and God chaser.

Join me in the series two of this article in few weeks time and It promises to be inspiring as I will be interviewing this great Icon but before then DRIVE IN AND LIKE THIS PAGE:

4 comments:

  1. Wow....Nice One..and am also very proud to be associated with this young man,Irorosuayire ogheneruemu Lawrence, I met Him at W2wDivineIcon contest...and since then I hv been very attached to him like I hv known Him forever... Let's achieve greatness together. Click and like the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one Jomata Isaiah. Do well to like our facebook page and get more inspiring articles and updates
      www.facebook.com/pojomatics

      Delete
  2. I never knew such a voice could come out from a medicine looking boy lol. That's how e was on his glasses, it made him calm. Until he unravelled what he had... God Lawrence indeed your candle has been ignited....

    ReplyDelete