Thursday 30 June 2016

MINIMIE CHINCHIN: A ”MASTERCRAFT” OF EXCELLENCE




  My Mum was so happy when I told her I had decided to come spent a week with her. On Monday 20th June 2016, I journeyed to the oil city of Warri and went straight to her shop at 10 Mowoe Road.
As Mum saw me, she paced out just as the Rich man did as he saw his prodigal Son."How are you doing" Mum said as she smiled so widely as if she just won a deep freezer from Coca Cola company. "Am fine Mama" I said as I led her back to her shop which was few steps away. As i sat down, I looked round her shop just the same way the first missionaries looked at the landscape of Nigeria at their first arrival. Nothing much has changed after about three months of my absence. Suddenly, my eyes interlocked with the eyes of this 'Young Lady' as she said, "HEY" with her left hand on her cheek. All I could see was her white teeth and her long black hair. I reciprocated her 'hey' as a reply. I was tempted to taste her but just as Joseph Jacob resisted Potiphar's wife, I tried to resist her which worked but just for a few hours.


  My Mum and I started gisting as we packed up to go home. Fortunately I was the one to carry her inside the shop, As I did, she gave another 'hey' sound and all I could do was open a park of her and dumped some of the content in my mouth and just then I got a taste I have never had all my life. I emptied the remaining content in my mouth and I was so impressed by her taste to the point I smiled home while Mum was talking me. To Mum, I was smiling at her stories and jokes but to me, I smiled to the picture of the young lady that displayed in my mind.
.
.
           FAST FORWARD...
.
  Mum came to shop on Saturday 25th June 2016 after about five days of house rest since I told her to do so while I managed the shop. Mum noticed all of her was gone and she asked what happened and I told her that I sold all of ‘her’ to a guy who came to buy her in bulk.This made Mum smile as she looked at me and this triggered me to give a dual smile: One of which communicated with mum and the other communicated to me since I knew the buyer who came to buy in bulk. Mum quickly rushed to the market and bought rows of her before we went home.
        After church service on the Sunday 26th of June 2016, Mum sent me to the shop to get something and on my way going, I met a friend of mine whose name begins with the first alphabet her name. As I opened the shop, my eyes stayed glued to her once again. My resistance for her gradually sank down as I took one of her just to taste but surprisely, my friend tasted her with me and that made her not enough. This time, I took two of her and quickly paid before my friend again started tasting her again and I was forced to question his incessant tasting and then he told me his experience with her…
  Going back to my station on Monday 27th of June, I stopped at a shop close to my house to buy airtime and there she was again saying a loud ‘Hey’. I asked the seller how much she cost since I have never seen her as big as this. She said #50 and i happily paid for and enjoyed her once again.
    Coming back from work on Tuesday 28th June 2016, I  was very angry since all my plans didn’t work out. My friend walking with me tried to calm me down but it wasn't working and as we entered a ‘keke’, she tried putting off my fire but there was enough oxygen in the air to keep it boiling and then she opened her bag and I heard a sound which was familiar and it was her saying her lovely ‘Hey’. Omike Onyinye stretched her to me but I said thank you but inside of me I noticed the anger was gone. My Friend smiled as she asked me to take her but before a tinkle of an eye, I took her. I asked Onyinye how she knew I liked her, She didn’t really answer my question but she told me about her experience with this ‘her’.
  Today, Thursday 30th June 2016, which happened to be the last day of the month of June, I decided to really check why we all had an experience with her? Why do I like her so much that as I write this article, my mouth is busy since she is by my side? To get answers to my quest, I quickly liked her facebook page and she quickly accepted and as I went through her timeline I noticed she has also captivated the attention of many Nigerians— having 29,784 likes. I noticed others had their testimonies about her:




UCHENNA OBIAKOR:” She Is my favorite, initially I use to see her and ignore her until my young sister bought her and gave her to me. Since then, I liked her”.
OKUSE OBAS:”First time I saw her, I was like what kind of product is this…I gave her a try and for the first time, I don’t wana stop… Please don’t stop Production…”
OLATUNJI IFETAYO: She is the best… I like to eat her daily and buy her for my young ones too…when I finish eating her, I feel her quantity is small… that how much I enjoy her…I always want more”.
             After my research, I discovered that the reason she drew the attention of many was: her unusual packaging, the high quality of her content and her affordability which even makes a child get one of her. As the month of June ends and as we step into the second half of the year, I advised you re-packaged yourself, personally develop all your God given talents and be friendly to everyone you meet and you will be surprise you will get the attention of your world. I discovered the reason I like her: I see something she has done that I want doJust as she redefined the chinchin industry, I want to redefine the writing world with the same touch of creativity. I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW MONTH. AS YOU STEP INTO JULY, YOUR LIFE WILL GO HIGH, HIGHER THAN THAT OF YOUR PEERS  BECAUSE THE MOST HIGH IS YOUR FATHER.




This article is dedicated to her…If you are still wondering WHO IS THIS YOUNG LADY? She is minimie chinchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment