Friday 24 June 2016

INVESTIGATIONS ON MICHEAL JACKSON


       When May 11th arrived, Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley came to mind. When April 4th came, Martin Luther King came to mind. Following same order, 25th June arrives and the only person that seems to come to mind is the KING OF POP.
       As I woke up to the early hours of today, I felt so uncomfortable and I quickly sat on my reading chair drawn to my reading table, got my dairy so as to pour my feelings into it and even though I never knew what the feeling was, I held my pen in faith and suddenly, there was a strong wind that stormed my room. After about twenty five seconds, it stopped and I took a deep breath in but as I tried to wave off this short experience to write on my dairy on how uneasy I felt, I discovered the wind blew it open to a particular date and as I looked at the date closely, it was 25th June 2009. Seeing this date pulled me into my time machine that automatically took me back in time to this particular date.
                                               
      25th June 2009 met me sleeping at our then residential address at 13 Okandeji street, located in Warri,Nigeria. Waking up, my heart was so heavy, I tried checking myself closely but I found nothing really was wrong with me so I ignored the feeling, got ready and stormed Delta Secondary School with my Blue trouser and Yellow shirt coupled with my white socks and black sandal. Soon, I arrived at school and just then, the bell rang for assembly and I was shocked because I couldn’t remember the last time I heard the bell ring since I was addicted to going to school late. “What pushed me into coming to school early today” I asked myself silently as I approached my assembly ground. My classmates were all surprised seeing me in school early but I ignored their silly jokes as I just clapped my hands to the steady rhythm of the song a young student sang as she conducted the audience in praise and worship.


Few minutes time, Our Principal, Mrs. E.E Arinze, came out and gave so many announcements which really didn’t get my attention but suddenly she caught my attention when she asked this question, “Do you know that Michael Jackson is dead?” As I heard that, my heart missed multiple beats as I struggled to gain balance. “She really must be joking” I said to myself just to give myself a little hope but just like the Big show normally unleashed his punch to his opponent in the ring, she fired a confirmation of his death into my ears and this threw me off balance as I tried to hold back tears. I cried because I was a big fan of Michael Jackson and I have already written it down that in no distance time, I would meet this Icon standing before me calling my name and me calling his name before giving him a hug. For the rest of this day, I was so sad …


       Suddenly, I found myself back on my reading chair after being dropped from the excited state in my time machine back to ground state. Now few years after his death, I decided to make some investigations on Michael Jackson: Why is it I love him this much and I soon discovered that the love for him was rooted in the lesson I had sucked out of his life all this years and here are some of them: 




    EARLY DISCOVERY

As early as age five, Michael Jackson discovered himself and poured himself into his talent and this paid off at the later part of his life. Have you discovered yourself?




PRACTICE TIME

After discovery, Michael Jackson gave a lot of hours to practice both in singing and dancing. It is said that he rehearsed for a minimum of six hours each day. He went through all his lines and moves so many times to the point where practice brought perfection.

A man known as Malcolm Gladwell wrote a book titled “Outliers” where he propounded that people who are great at what they do spent over 1000 hours practicing. And this is found true in the life Wacko Jacko and it’s not surprising he became an expert in his field. How well do you practice?






CREATIVITY


Watching his videos—Smooth Criminal, Beat it, Thriller, Scream and a host of others—, you will see a high level of creativity. His creativity made his videos evaporate and broke free out of the technological container of his time. Creativity is being able to see what everybody else hasn't seen and think what nobody else has thought so that you can do what nobody else has done. This definition of creativity played out in the life of this great Man and earned him so many awards. How creative are you?



CONTRIBUTION

It is said that life is not in the duration but in the donation or rather contribution. He contributed to music, dance, fashion and also to the lives of children. His "Heal The World Foundation" is a solution to the problems of children all around the world. Your contribution to the world is the one problem you are passionate to proffer a solution to. What is contribution to the world?

       I have learnt so much from Michael Jackson and that why I love him and TODAY MAKES IT 8 YEARS AFTER THE KING OF POP DIED. As I tried to close my diary, I creatively used his songs' title to send a message to the world and I hope this gets around the world:



  “I might be BAD, DIRTY DIANA, DANGEROUS, a SMOOTH CRIMINAL, BLACK OR WHITE but I can see the world is in a JAM and when there is a call for someone to take the blame, I choose to take the blame of the society. I refuse to BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE or BILLIE JEANIE or BEAT IT on BEN, even though it sounds the right thing to do looking at it from the HUMAN NATURE. It’s my task to HEAL THE WORLD and make it a better place just to change the melody of EARTH’S SONG. I am WORKIN DAY AND NIGHT IN THE CLOSET just to get OFF THE WALL of irresponsibility. I wouldn’t say it’s easy to do this since I hear a voice telling me to give up but I hear a silent voice saying, “DON’T STOP ‘TILL YOU GET ENOUGH SCREAM to be a solution so as to prove that even though THEY REALLY DON’T CARE ABOUT US, YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, you can touch the sky if we all cry at the same time tonight because the man who really matters is the MAN IN THE MIRROR. Am not saying it’s an ABC task because I WANNA BE STARTIN’ SOMETHIN’ new that certainly the future generation can REMEMBER THE TIME when a hero like me lived and maybe act a THRILLER movie about me… MJ asks, “WILL YOU BE THERE to make this happen? THIS IS IT, an article to the KING OF POP” 





No comments:

Post a Comment