Saturday 6 May 2017

WHO DO YOU KNOW?

“Life is about what you know, how you express what you know, who you know and who knows you”





I first heard this above quote from Niyi Adesanya in 2015 when he spoke at Paradigm Shift Seminar at Convenant Christian Pavilion. I also heard it from one of my Mentors, Minister Shafere Otega Samuel, sometime last month, which he themed the BARE ESSENTIAL FORMULA but earlier today, this quote echoed in my head after an event that happened today.

Yesterday, as I closed from my Mum’s shop at around 8:30pm, I outpaced my Mum’s ‘trekking speed’ just to get home on time to charge my Laptop and my Smartphone since some scintillating articles erupted out of my mind. As I stormed our street, rays of light greeted my eyes and that accelerated my speed but suddenly, I was hugged by disappointment and depression as I arrived home: Our prepaid meter, which was shared by three flats, ran out of unit.

The absence of light broke me down. I lost my inspiration: the articles flew away like birds that heard a sound. In the midst of the problem, I thought of a solution: purchasing a generator or an inverter or our personal meter? Anyways, I decided to dump the thought and tried to search for the gain in this excruciating experience. I struggled to eat dinner, read an e-book on my Laptop before it went off. Finally, I slept.

Waking up, I planned my movement so as to be able to meet up #ProjectCEO which was scheduled to hold by 12 noon. At about 8:30am, I made my way to BEDC’s office but to my surprise, I saw an enormous crowd waiting patiently to buy ‘recharge card’ and as I made my way through the gate, the Gateman greeted me with a white piece of paper with number 82 written boldly on it and I knew what that meant, I was number 82 on the queue.


As I approached the office where the recharge card is sold, I scanned through the crowd to see if I could recognize anybody I know and yes I saw. I saw a Young Lad who works in a Restaurant around Mum’s shop in Mowoe Road and I quickly walked up to him and exchanged pleasantries after which I asked him his queue number and his number exactly half of mine,41. The figure paved way for a broad smile as I gave him N4000 and a slip which contains our meter number and in less that fifteen minutes, he was out and handed me two slips. It was then I asked for his name and he told me his name was Ifeanyi and I was grateful to him because he helped me save time.


You can actually save resources, like time, money, energy…, if you will build relationship with others.





No comments:

Post a Comment